Why does Explorer freeze my laptop?
Question by Edum /

In Explorer, I enter for example “YouTube” and it may or may not appear. If YouTube doesn’t appear, a message will say: YouTube not responding. If YouTube does appear, my screen goes blank when I select a video.

I then try again in another tab, which doesn’t work. In any case, everything “freezes” leading me to think that my laptop is malfunctioning. This past weekend Explorer has been shutting down and restarting on my laptop. My Norton antivirus indicates that my laptop is working fine. What’s wrong?

• Shahbaz Amin

Have you tried clearing all browser cache or otherwise completely uninstlaling and then reinstalling it?

• Dustin Thompson

Try running IE with no add-ons, you may have some type of add-on running behind IE that causing your issue.

• Gianna Marie Lanete

maybe because of its plug ins intalled and the specs of ur laptop.

• Adam Campbell

OK, I had (almost) the same problem which resulted in blue screens etc. Anyway the problem was that I did not have the right driver for my video card. This may be the case if you recently installed a new OS etc.

Make sure that you have the correct drivers…

Oh, and get a mac

• Siddhant Chaurasia

try using another browser like chrome or firefox

• Priya Agarwal

check the Task manager for programs that are affecting your system performance

• Jim Chambers

Update to IE9 after clearing your cache and history.

• Harry Barnes

try using a different browser like google chrome. internet explorer sucks. It has loads of bugs, looks ugly, isn’t easy to use, and is terribly slow. that will be the problem

try this microsoft fix it
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/games/en-us

Uninstall adobe flash player and shockwave player, reboot and reinstall again.

uninstall video driver, reboot and let windows to reinstall new driver

clean windows with comodo system utilities
    http://www.comodo.com/home/support-maintenance/system-utilities.php

• Adrian Rea

I get the same on mine with many sites that it is not responding the finally works it out.
    consider
    Google Chrome
    More RAM
    clear your browser cache
    ccleaner

Also if shutting down check your running temps with speedfan