How can I access my computer’s files with my Android phone over local Wi-Fi?

Niki Bee March 13, 2012

How can I access files on my computer with my Android phone as if the phone were another PC on the local wireless network?

I don’t want to use a USB cable, but a Wi-Fi/intranet connection. I’m connected to the same wireless network as my computer already for Internet access. How can I view the files?

1. Ravi Shankar

You can use ES File Explorer to browse the files present on a pc when connected to the wi-fi network, you just need to install the app, then slide left to head to the lan server section, bring up the option menu, select new and then scan...soon the app will list the ip addresses of the pcs connected to the network, then just browse thorugh the files shared over the network by the particular pc

• sofia

thank you Ravi. your input greatly helps make my work easier. Have great days!

2. Stefan

Hi Niki Bee.I think this post will answer your question.Try it and let me know. :)

3. VS Vishnu

dropbox can be installed on both...

4. Mel Reynolds
  5. A PP

You can download AirDroid from google Play: Since you are connected to the same network, you will be able to access your files from your computer.

6. alvingaspar

my android phone didnt link to my computer

7. Matt

There is an application by the name Droidair if you want to access your phone through a computer.

8. Cybertron Mantis

You can share the drive or a folder over Wifi and access it from a file explorer like  ES File Manager.

Hello, you could try Tonido:

Also as long as the phone and your computer belong to same network, sharing the folder/directory where you files are stored in your network should be enough.

10. Susendeep Dutta

If your phone is of Samsung brand then you can use their Kies Air app for accessing files on PC using your phone -

Share files as you normally would
    Use android file explorers such as es file explorer or file expert and access them by connecting with samba.

You can install TeamViewer on both the PC and your Android phone and use that to Remote Control, transfer files, or create a VPN between the devices.  It is free as long as it is not used for commercial purposes.  I use it for PC-PC connections to troubleshoot my parents and siblings computers all the time and it is quite effective.

• mike

Can I access the web can with this program?