Is anyone else experiencing issues with the new MakeUseOf profile page?

Freecycle Me October 19, 2012

I thought I would report problems with the new profile page. I note that on my machine in both IE and Chrome the CSS is covering over the recent questions displayed. I see the questions load on screen before they are places underneath by my 25 most recent comments. Not checked it in Firefox, yet.

Shame the category ranking has gone too, I really liked that and urged me to make a varied use of the site

1. Adrian Rea

I will answer my own question as I spoke too soon, I found the css shifted it to a lower column and I feel a little silly now :$ Sorry for the mistake. However, I do note the css has reduced the top users of all time block and that has cut off the bottom of their images.

Yep, thanks for the feedback Adrian, I'll be adding the rankings block back soon and sorting out some of the sizing issues.

• Adrian Rea

Many thanks James I really appreciate the site.

• Drew Butler

Is a full/editable profile going to be implemented and if so do you have an idea when? What about a star rating for users' answers/participation? Also is there going to be a way for questions to be marked resolved? I ask this because I have noticed it takes some people a long time to mark the issue resolved even when several different answers that are sufficient to fix their problem have been posted.

Thanks and sorry to bother you

• Muo TechGuy

You will hopefully be able to choose from verified email addresses pulled from the social connections, but you won't be able to change your name. You can currently choose the avatar too, but this hasn't yet been extended to the comments system - coming soon

There is already a way for users and editors to mark questions resolved; but I'm afraid I can't *make* people use it and the editors wish to remain hands-off there. Personally, I mark them resolved if I think they have been. That said, I'll try to make it easier for users to do so, like directly from the profile, or sending more reminders perhaps.

• Drew Butler

Thank you for answering my questions. :)