Does everything exist on the web or what doesn’t exist?

Jason Tyrrell September 12, 2011

We all seem to turn to the web to get what we need on a daily basis. Procuring services, finding answers to our questions, etc. but what doesn’t exist?

1. Adam Gre Gore Check

A lot of the computer games I grew up playing and want again don't seem to be on here.

2. Mango Wodzak

heaps of stuff isn't there. I'm forever searching for things that I can't find an answer to. Only a couple of  days ago, I wanted to find out more about caponokia, a tribal language spoken in kenya. There is not one mention of it as far as i can see. Isn't that odd? a whole language that isn't even mentioned on the wide eyed web. indeed, i'd go as far as to say that the sum of the searchable knowledge available on the interweb does not even come close to scratching the surface of the sum of all that is knowable.

• Adam Gre Gore Check

Now it's mentioned =P

• Jason

Hi Mango

Ahhhh, So maybe in summary the "main stream" items that relate to city slickers and country people is out their but what makes us unique is not.

What doesn't exist is the stuff you can't find.

• Mango Wodzak

not necessarily.. just because you can't find it, does logically mean that it isn't there.

I would say you look at it from a very narrow point of view. Behind everything you can find on the web is something physical that exists in the real world - one way or another.

The web is merely a tool to ease or enrich the things we do or need on daily basis.
    Also the web as we call it today doesn't exists as long as the internet does. 

Before the web people primarily used the Usenet. And unlike today there wasn't some comprehensive option to search. If you didn't know which newsgroup to look in you simply wouldn't find the information.

People naturally get attached to things they use on daily basis like the internet and the web and simply forget how to live without it.

If you are interested in an rhetorical answer: Food! At least I don't like it being delivered via email.