Why are all my Excel 2007 files corrupted?

Neal R August 5, 2014

My Excel 2007 Files seriously corrupted

Dear Experts,

All my Excel 2007 files have been corrupted and I’m unable to open any of them. I asee message from Microsoft Excel:

Your file is severey damaged unable to recover is the message I am getting.

I tried couple of free download for excel file recovery in Google but none of them helped me. Please help me… as they are some critical files.

Thanks in advance.

1. Alice H

It is possible to manually recover data from your corrupt Excel file. The inbuilt Open and Repair tool of MS Excel allows you to repair Excel files and recover your lost data which was inaccessible.

One should always backup original files to avoid loss of information and data.

It's extremely unlikely that all your Excel files, and only your Excel files, will have become corrupted all of a sudden. It's much more likely that there's a problem with Excel itself. So here are a few steps you should take:
    1. Make a backup of all important files (not just Excel),
    2. Install Microsoft Excel Viewer or LibreOffice,
    3. Try to open your files with the above software. If they open correctly, the problem is with Excel, in which case first try repairing it (through the "Programs" control panel). If that doesn't help, search for the exact error on the internet and look for solutions, or come back to us with the extra information.

Good luck!

what happened exactly so that all your excel files are corrupted?