Why are some events deleted automatically in Google Calendar?

Tilman October 11, 2011

Why are some past events in Google Calendar deleted automatically, but not all? I have not been able to find out why some past events are deleted automatically, while others stay in the calendar, even if they passed already. Please note that the events are all in the same calendar, so it is not a question of different settings.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Tilman,

did you solve this issue in the meantime? Please let us know. Thank you!

• Tilman

Sorry that I don't always remember to reply here on time... Thanks, Tina, for reminding me about it! :)

• Guest

So...This page is useless because it doesn't actually offer a fix, only an ordinary workaround. Great.

Are you syncing your calendars with another device?

it appears some have also the same problem. 
    http://www.google.fr/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=66748c473aaa1715&hl=en

1) Save a snapshot of the Google Calendar via the ICAL data file. This is found via the calendar down button (next to the calendar name) -> then select 'Calendar settings'. On the resulting page click on the Private address 'ICAL' button. then right-click on the resulting link & select 'Save Target As...' (in Firefaox select 'Save Link As...') & save a local copy. You can then use this ICAL file to restore your Google Calendar if something happens to it.

2) Save a hard copy of your calendar as a fully formatted MS Word or MS Excel file. You can do this using a app called Wincalendar. For more info see here: http://www.wincalendar.com/

• Tilman

Yes, it seems that the reason was my syncing... I stopped syncing and since then I don't have the problem anymore. Thanks for your help!