Why am I getting this error on visiting Google.com?

Osama April 9, 2010

Whenever I open Google.com, it says “We’re sorry but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can’t process your request right now. To continue searching, please type the characters you see below” and ask me to enter a CAPTCHA entry. Why is it so?

1. Osama

issue is resolved now, i think this was due to some malware

Osama,

is Google still giving you that error? In case it doesn't, do you know what caused it and how did you fix it? Thanks for your feedback!

3. osama

i am using firefox 3.6.3 and i have nod32 antivirus 4 business edition

4. Saikat Basu

Delete all cookies. If you are using Internet Explorer, do it from Tools - Internet Options. if you are on Firefox, the path is Tools - Clear Recent History

5. Taty

Yes, disable any add ons you might have running, remove cookies and try from a different browser, such as chrome. You should certainly check your computer.

Your computer could have a virus and making multiple requests to websites, which Google doesn't like.

I would suggest scanning your computer for viruses.

One of your previous searches probably caused this problem. Google now wants to make sure a human, rather than an automated search process, is accessing their search engine from your computer.

Try to remove Google's cookie/s, that may fix the issue. At least until you repeat what you did to cause the error in the first place.

If you let us know what browser you're using, we can tell you how to find the cookie/s and get rid of it/them.