Why does an error message pop up before I log in to Windows 7?

asih widada January 17, 2012

So this problem I have happens before I can get to the log in screen. I get an error message saying SynTPEnh-System Error (The program can’t start because iertutil.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.)

How do I resolve this issue?

File SynTPEnh.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:Program Files" (typically C:program filessynapticssyntp).
    SynTPEnh" can run at start up. Synaptics touchpad tray icon. Displays status and provides quick launch to touchpad features such as scrolling and tap zones

reinstall Synaptics touchpad
    http://www.synaptics.com/resources

also check if your security tool do not block SynTPEnh.exe

Hello, the iertutil.dll is a runtime file for Internet explorer.  It is located in the following folder:

C:Windowssystem32

You could try fixing it different ways.  You could try fixing it by running the system file checker utility.  Make sure to have installation disc handy.  To run system file checker try the following:

-- restart computer
    -- keep pressing F8 key to advanced recovery menu
    -- select safemode with networking
    -- type cmd  in search box
    -- highlight entry and right click on it
    -- select run as administrator
    -- once command prompt opens, type the following:

sfc /scannow

-- let the scan run through

You could also fix it by reintalling Internet Explorer, or by copying the file to a usb flashdrive and copy it to windows folder or you could try the fix it solution.  Do you have an installation disc for windows 7?  If you do, you could try starting the computer from it.  You would have to change the boot up to CD/DVD. 

The easiest solution If you do not have an installation disc would be to try starting in safemode with networking and try the following:

-- restart computer
    -- keep pressing F8 key
    -- find and select safemode with networking
    -- visit following link and run the fix it solution or try doing it manually:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Try the options above and it they do not work, let us know.