Why do I get an error code when trying to reinstall Mac OS X on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro?

85d5de8fb5b48d9c4e02efb267563ab7 August 13, 2012

Hi,

I’m new to Mac and I have been trying to do an erase and reinstall of Mac OS X on my  mid-2012 MacBook Pro 13″. I followed the instructions on Apple’s support website, however when I am trying to reinstall OS X after erasing the hard disk I received the error message “Could not find installation information for this machine. Contact Apple” with error code -4403f.

I turned off my MacBook and then turned it on again while holding the “Cmd” and “R” key. This time my Mac won’t even boot up and display the -4403f error code. I called Apple telephone support and they have no idea about the situation. They just told me that they will bring this up to the engineer team and I will just have to wait. It’s been a week and the engineer team still have yet to respond.

While waiting I tried to boot up the machine several times and there are a few times when it manages to boot into internet recovery – OS X utilities. However the “Could not find installation information for this machine” error messages still occur whenever I try to reinstall the OS. I am very disappointed with Apple, I followed their instructions and it led me to this problem. Not only that they couldn’t solve this problem and they are not responding to me. I called many times and they just told me that they will get the senior adviser (who attended to me when I first called) to call me but he never did.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks.