Why is there an error 7 in iTunes Helper and how can I fix it?

Angella August 17, 2011

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes per Windows in a special sequence at least 5 times. I have used programs suggested by so called experts and paid for it to no avail. I love my iTunes and my iPod shuffle (first generation). I have Windows XP SP 3. Any thoughts?

Hold down the shift key and start iTunes. Keep holding the the shift key until
    you are prompted to choose/create a library, or iTunes crashes.If you get
    the prompt, select create and navigate to or if it pulls your libraries then  see which one is good and which is corrupt.

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP
     http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925?viewlocale=en_US

reinstall .net framework reinstall quicktime

go into your computer  and locate your quicktime
    folder.  it's going to ask you for access and permissions to see
    the contents.  You
    access it by going to the security tab under properties and edit who gets to
    keep the control. use your user as the administrator and click a box that says
    "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". After you do that, then go ahead
    and apply everything and OK everything. Close the properties. if you succeeded
    then you will be ale to go into the folder with no problem. If so, then run
    iTunes again.

or
    Reinstalling iTunes and related componentsAfter verifying that iTunes is completely uninstalled, you should download and install the latest version of iTunes.Additional InformationiPodService.exe AlertFollow these steps if the message "Cannot delete iPodService.exe: It is being used by another person or program" appears when you try to delete the iPod folder.Make sure that iTunes and the iPod Updater utility are not open. Press and hold Control-Alt-Delete. Select Start Task Manager. Click the Processes tab. Locate the iPodService.exe in the list. Click "iPodService.exe" and choose End Process. Quit the Task Manager.

Hello, you could try any of the two option below:

-- You could also go to add/remove programs and uninstall itunes, quicktime, and anything else you might have that is related to apple.

-- restart your computer
    -- go to your program files folder and delete the itunes and ipod folder if still there
    -- empty recycling bin
    -- reinstall itunes

Another possible solution is the following:

-- uninstall itunes
    -- download quicktime without itunes
    -- install quicktime
    -- once quicktime is install, open the program
    -- of the two options given, choose repair
    -- once it finishes repairing, reinstall your itunes.