Why do I get an Error 10 driver error when trying to connect my iPod Touch to Windows 7 in my virtual machine?

Lewis Lebentz October 31, 2012

I am trying to make my iPod Touch connect to Windows 7 in my Virtual Machine. It connects fine etc. But I get Error 10 for the driver of my iPod, which means that there is something wrong with the driver apparently.

So I have tried ‘uninstalling’ the device, and deleting and reinstalling the drive through ‘Device Manager’ and it gave me another generic drive rather than the Apple one. So I went and relocated the Apple Driver, which is what the support page on their site said to do. So I found the right folder, and it got me the correct drive, but in device manager there is still an alert triangle and error 10 next to my iPod.

I have tried disconnecting it, restarting laptop and iPod. I even stopped and started the ‘Apple Mobile Device Support Service’ that it mentions on the support page. I just keep getting this error 10 and don’t know what to do.

1. Harish Jonnalagadda

I would suggest downloading iTunes all over again and checking to see if the Bonjour service has started in the list of tasks.

• Lewis Lebentz

I tried this, and it still didn't work :(

2. dhanunjayarao chunduri

try to update the drivers with driveridentifier.com

• Lewis Lebentz

I'll try this out, and let you know! Thanks

Try using update version of iTunes to see any further improvements.

• Lewis Lebentz

Tried that as well, still didn't work.

4. Yiz Borol

Just to be clear, did you remove the "generic driver" before attempting to install Apple's?

• Lewis Lebentz

Yes I did