Why does Epson 700 printer no longer recognize ink cartridges?

Dennis F. April 20, 2010

I use genuine Epson inks. All of a sudden the 700 printer wouldn’t recognize the black ink. One day later it wouldn’t recognize any inks.

I tried 3 new black inks and none worked. Doesn’t have to be connected to PC. I have recycled the printer many times to no avail. Happens at power on now. Epson’s website was no help.

1. Epson Ink Cartridges

Ink cartridge the same as what you take out of your publishing device, then there still are methods you can spend less. Selecting an on the internet store of inexpensive inkjet capsules will help your cause as the costs of an internet company are far reduced than that of a stones and mortar store. Also, you'll discover that on the internet stores will produce the inexpensive ink capsule the next day so that you can be publishing again quickly at all.

2. Johnathan TheTool Lane

Epson printers have the worst rating of any printers i know. Having said that..

If you close the latch that locks the cartridges in place and push down on the cartridges a few times the error may clear. Also you probably NEED to remove the cartridges and rub a soft tissue over the gold part of the cartridges a few times.

These are common issues with Epson printers and ink. My advice is to go for a more expensive, but less ink killing brand.

Good Luck!