How can I enter an empty name in a field that requires at least one letter?

Madis Otenurm April 1, 2012

My idea is to put “a” and after that some character that deletes the previous letter, but I don’t know if such a character exists. Is this possible?

You should be careful with that delete-the-last-character character. I heard someone put three of them in a DOS prompt once, and deleted their house. Dangerous stuff man. 

Seriously though, there is a reason an input is required. You can't have a page with no name, just as you can't have a blank URL. Stop trying to be cool and just put a name already. 

• robotkoer

Delete a house? It's *4th* april already, stop joking.

I can if I have the character. Why I may not do that? I'll get Google account deleted?

• M.S. Smith

A lot of login systems are only built to handle a limited number of characters. This is both for simplicity and so people can't do unusual things, like what you're asking.

I don't think you're going to find a way to pull this one off.

• robotkoer

If I just *knew* (how to type or copy it from somewhere) the character, I probably could as Google really does allow any character when I have at least one letter.

NOTE TO MODS: This question is NOT resolved!

It is resolved, you just don't like the answer. 

There is no such character that deletes the previous character.

Here, just to prove it I'll try to put 3 of them at the end of this sente

• robotkoer

Fine, stop joking.

2. Susanna Speier

Why not use a word that indicates an empty name and/or unattached meaning?  "Untitled" or "Unnamed" or "Blank" or even "EmptyField" or "Nameless"? 

• robotkoer

Umm no, Google is not that stupid :D 
      And it's supposed to be a public page name (not real name) so no. I currently have alternate name that describes it's purpose (a G+ page) but I still would like to have empty name

copy paste from txt or word?

• robotkoer

Copy-paste what? Empty space doesn't work, there has to be one *letter*, not just any character!

Why not just put in a space character?  Many "required" inputs don't verify if it only whitespace.

• robotkoer

Yeah, but even if I type it with alt code, it knows I don't have *letters* in it...