How can I make English the default language on Chrome?
Question by Howard Spear /

How can I make English the default language on Chrome? Somehow it changed to Spanish.

• Ari

Ok… What do you do if there is no wrench in the upper right corner. I’m looking at a new download of Chrome and it is setting language based on my IP. For a smart system, it is pretty dumb to not just check language preferences before slamming you into a different language setting!

• linda richardson

how do i get it to english ???????

• linda richardson

i got my google chrome set to sapinsh not english i need english

• hadri

I want to change my google language to english languange since my google now using spanish language.

• Ben

1. Click on the ‘Wrench’ icon and select ‘Settings’.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Show advanced settings link’.
    3. Scroll to find the ‘Languages’ heading.
    4. Click on the ‘Languages and spellchecker settings’ button.
    5. You should see a list of languages. Make your selection and click ‘OK’.

• Shakirah Faleh Lai

1. Right Click the Address Bar and select “Edit Search Engine”

2. Highlight the Google (default) and click Edit.

3. Highlight the URL and copy it (ctrl + c). Then click Cancel.

4. Click Add, enter Name like “Google English” and put anything in Keyword, it won’t matter.

5. Paste in the URL the one you copied and change {google:baseURL} to

6. Click OK and Make Default. Any keywork now you enter in the address bar will now have the english version.

• Gail Myer

Click on the wrench on the upper right corner of screen. Go to settings, scroll down and click on advanced settings.