How can I enable WiFi on my PC?
Question by Shoumik /

I have a Windows 7 desktop PC with a virtual router in it. I have a broadband connection via cable, but I don’t have WiFi. How can I get WiFi enabled on my PC?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• venkatp16

you have to use a separate wireless dongle which will give that functionality to the PC

• Sahil Dave

I guess you’d be needing a Wi-Fi Dongle for receiving the Wi-Fi transmission from a router.

By your name i guess you are an Indian, so it would cost you around 300-400 Rs. 

Hello, did you mean to say that you have Virtual Router software installed?  If you have virtual router software shown in the link below, one of the requirements is to have a wifi enabled computer.  Read the FAQS, in the link to see what that means.
    Or that you have a virtual router?  I would say the most common ways of getting what you are asking for, are the following.   For starters, you would need to get a router that is compatible with wireless.  Once you have that, you would have to have a PCI wireless card, a wireless card or a wireless usb dongle.  If you do not have a router, but you have wireless hardware, the only way you could get wireless would be if there is any open wireless networks in your area.  Nowadays and depending on your phone, you can tether your phone to your computer and use the phone as a modem.