How do I enable notifications from other apps, not just email?

Lelisharedmon June 2, 2014

I would like to know how to receive message notifications from my “other” messages on my Android smartphone?

I haven’t been getting notifications at all. If that is not possible would I be able to switch them on in my “inbox” notifications?

1. Alyce C

Go to settings tab of each App and you can just enable your notifications there. Try it

There should be a notification setting in each of the apps that give notifications for new messages. I would open each app and look in the settings, making sure that they are not set to silent.

3. Ben S

I'm with Oron - I read your question three times and still am not sure what you're looking to do.

Are you not getting notifications for certain types of email? Do you have multiple email accounts on your phone and only get notified of a single one?

I think we need more details before we can issue a fix.

Do you mean notifications for things like SMS messages, Facebook etc? Check Settings=>Sound and look under "System"for the default notification sound.

If you mean something else, or if it's the lack of notification altogether (not just the sound), please provide more details. What model of phone is it and what version of Android does it run? Which apps are not bringing up notification (does anything happen at all?). Is there any background to this - have there been recent changes to your system for example? Etc.

Follow the instructions given in the below article -

http://groovyandroid.com/gmail-android-app-how-to-set-labels-notifications-294/