How can I enable Intel-VT when the BIOS has no option for it?

Timothy April 30, 2011

I have an Acer Aspire 4935G that has a processor, which supports Intel-VT model P8400. I can’t enable Intel-VT because the BIOS has no option for that.
Any idea what can be done?

Timothy,

did you have any luck with enabling Intel-VT on your computer? Please do let us know how you did it or whether you are still struggling with this task.

• Timothy

The hack Bios things is too complicated for me, is there a simple software I can use?

Thanks. 

Hello, the first thing I would do, would be to go to the link provided and check if the tool tells you your cpu can run Intel-Vt. The following link is for Intel based CPUs:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Processors&ProductLine=Processor+Utilities&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Processor+Identification+Utility

After you have confirmed that your cpu can run Intel-vt, go to the following link to download the Microsoft Hardware Virtualization Detection Tool:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0EE2A17F-8538-4619-8D1C-05D27E11ADB2&displaylang=en#filelist

Another thing you can try is checking what version of BIOS you have. If you do not have the most recent one, look for the most recent one and download it. Make sure it is the right update for your model. Go to the ACER site and search for the BIOS that matches your model and operating system.

• Timothy

Thanks for reply, I already done all these and use multiple tools to check as well like speccy. 

I upgraded my Bios to the latest @ Acer website but still no option.  

Timothy,

I would hope that if the system is shipped with this option you are able to upgrade the BIOS to support it. However, if you cannot find a proper BIOS version, you might have to hack your BIOS.