How to enable auto-update for select apps through Play store?

Dr.sunil V September 20, 2014

How to enable auto-update for select apps through Play store? Please note the following criteriae:

I’d like to enable auto-updates for SELECT apps, but not for all apps and for WiFi only!

1. Ben S

Per Jan's answer, it seems as though this isn't possible. I'm not even sure that you could do it while rooted, unless you disabled certain apps which would defeat their purpose in the first place.

Sorry, but I don't think this one is possible to do!

• Sunil

Thanks. Please note that query implies for 'select' apps. Say , the setting is configured to auto-update all apps through wifi , then how to de-select a single app from auto-updating?

• Jan F

I agree that the Google help isn't too straight forward with that – both settings are mentioned on that link but they are not transparent enough. Let me clear that up:

You first have to enable auto-updates globally via the Play Store > Settings (e.g. via WiFi only).

Then you can individually select auto-updates
      Play Store > My Apps., tap the name of the app and select/deselect auto-update