How to enable auto-import of SMS texts from Windows Phone 8 in real time?

Drsunil V July 23, 2014

I want to be able to automatically sync, in real-time, my phone’s SMS over a data connection.

• Bhakta S

Thank you. 1) Please tell URL to view backed up SMSes on web

2) Is it backed up in real time?

3) Is there a way to get SMS from windows phone 8 in real time on web or android?

• Susendeep D

Since Windows phone is locked down OS,so you can't expect a much of functionality from it unless Microsoft opens up its APIs for developers.

The link mentioned by me in the above comment is about backing up SMSes in cloud,so as long as you've kept the sync on,it'll happen in realtime.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. I viewed the link. Please tell what is cloud url to view backed up smses ( one drive does not seem to show the SMSes backed up from phone )

• Susendeep D

You might be able to view it in Outlook(sort of) if you'd not opened it in your phone.See the below forum link -

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/225574-wow-look-view-text-message-backup-outlook.html

• Dr.sunil V

I viewed the form link. It mentions messaging history folder which I did not see in outlook ( hotmail ). There is Inbox , sent , Junk , Drafts , Categories folder , and Messaging chat

• Susendeep D

As far as I've seen,people are discussing that the messages comes in Inbox(unread messages) as long as you do not open it up in your phone.Since,I don;t use Windows Phone,I cannot confirm this.

• Dr.sunil V

I did not see Unread folder or label in Outlook. Alternatively , is there any way to get sms from wp8 to web as notification in real time or on Android.
      Similar to how mighty text does from Android to Web

• Susendeep D

I think you can try mySMS .

• Bhakta S

Correct , but it does not seem to have wp8 app

• Susendeep D

Yes,it doesn't have a WP8 app.But you can get almost functionality of Mighty Text in other devices.Sorry,but I couldn't find any app for WP8.

• Sunil

The query is for Wp8

• Dr.sunil V

thanks. Please tell , Is there a windows phone 8 app?

• Susendeep D

As far as I'd tried looking for such thing,I couldn't find any such app.

• Dr.sunil V

I tried in windowsphone apps section. If convenient , please try at windowsphone.com as you are better apt to search diligently

• Susendeep D

I can find only the below apps which can closely resemble what you're looking for -

Nimbuzz

Talk.to Messenger

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. The win 8.1 update includes an option to auto-backup sms to cloud? If yes , which folder in cloud ( Onedrive ) includes backed up SMS? Please weblink , illustrating OneDrive folder containing backed up SMS

• Susendeep D

As I've seen in the below article illustrating changes in WP 8.1 update,only unification of messaging apps is mentioned -

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-reveals-features-in-windows-phone-8-1-update-1/

• Sunil

Thanks for the sincere help on this topic. Regards, Sunil

3. Dr.sunil V

hi. I have phrased the query incorrectly , but imply that the SMS texts from a windows phone 8 get backed up in realtime to an online storage accessible on pc. Either on a storage page or preferably as an instant message online or as an email message