Can you embed voice in an eMail and have it autostart?

Randy Bartow June 17, 2010

I want to embed a voice file into my mass eMail sent to clients and have the voice automatically start when the HTML is open. I do not want the recipient to have an attachment or to click on anything to start.

Randy,

did you try Jack's method? Did it work or did you find another solution? Please let us know. Thank you!

I haven't tested it, but this may work. It will only work if the receivers view the email in HTML. Just use this code: The src should point to a mp3 file that is hosting on a website so http://www.sometime.com/file.mp3

EDIT:
    Actually, what you are looking for is a .swf (Flash) program that you can embed into the email that play's a file automatically. I know there are some around, but I haven't found one. Try googling embed flash music or swf embed mp3 - something like that.

Something tells me that antivirus programs will block those.

• Jack Cola

They probably will, but I have a feeling it could be done. You just have to play around with things and do a bit of testing.