How can I embed subtitles into a .wmv from a .srt file?

Mandel DigLearning February 28, 2012

I am trying to embed subtitles into a .wmv video so that others in my organization don’t have to worry about making sure that external subtitles open along with the video. Right now I have separate .wmv video files and .srt subtitle files. How can I combine them?

1. Sampath Thushara Gamage

I need a software to merge videos and srt files together and can be converted after the combine.... I used the MKVToolnix (mkvmerge gui) Is is good but the problem is it can't be converted or edit with any convertor or Video editor software.......

Hello, virtualdub and some of its filters are pretty good for this job.  Of course the first thing would be to convert wmv to avi.  You can use any freeware converter for that:

Any video converter:

Freemake Video Converter:

When wmv is converted to avi you can hardcode the subtitles using the process explained in the next link:

• Jay.0

It's much simpler.
      Drop the video in fomat factory.
      Select "all to wmv" >ok>start.

3. Azamat "Bohed" E

You will need VirtualDub and VobSub subtitles codec. Then follow the instructions of this detailed tutorial: 
    The tutorial is nicely explained and has screenshots to help you through.

4. Jay.0

Convert the video to wmv (or any other format ) using format factory.
    The output wmv file will have subtitiles.

(Keep the video and srt in the same folder,
    and name it like and abc.wmv as you know)

It's tested, this question was asked before.