How can I embed music into a Powerpoint presentation and password protect it for distribution?

Greg Naylor October 19, 2012

I have a Powerpoint presentation that I have linked music to, however, you must send the music file along with it and the file must be re-attached after sending it to someone. I would like to embed the music and password protect the presentation, so it can not be modified without a password after it is distributed.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1. alton

how do remove or edit of ppsx file product bey password

2. Vikram Mudaliar

For PowerPoint 2010, In your Slide:

1. Insert -> Audio -> From File -> Browse and select your music file
    (It supports mp3 too)

2. Now go to File -> Protect Presentation -> Encrypt with Password
    and password protect your file

3. Save this file and you can use this one for distribution, the mp3 file is embed inside the powerpoint

3. arian techg

Can u pls tell which version of powerpoint u r using?
    The answer depends upon the version

4. Vishal Mishra

When you are done with your slideshows transitions and animation follow these steps to embed music in your slideshow ( in office 2007 and office 2010).

NOTE:- The music file you are inserting must be of .wav format for this procedure, to convert .mp3 files to .wav use this website (http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav)

-- go to the slide from which you want the music to get started.
    -- go to "Animations" tab in the menu bar (at the top).
    -- click on the "Transition Sound" drop box and then click "Other Sound..." (at the bottom).
    -- browse the file to be attached click "OK" and you are done !!!

If you want the music to loop, click "Loop Until Next Sound" in the "Transition Sound" drop box.

Thank You

• Vishal Mishra

i forgot to mention that it will take little bit more time to save the file (like 5 to seconds more than normal saving time) as computer will embed the music file into the presentation.The file will also become larger in size ( depends on the size music file embedded ).

Thanks again.

5. Erlis Dhima

Put the pptx file and the audio file at the same folder, and archive them as rar or zip, to share them...
    Another way would be, to drag and drop the audio file into a slide! After doing this, you can delete the audio file.. But, it will be only playable only if you double click on the music icon of the slide.. I don't know if you can use it for effects in the slide.. Just experiment!
    About the password thing.. follow what Yiz said!
    Hope it helped!

6. Gurpreet Singh

you can use either build in password protection or use 7zip to password protect it

7. Yiz Borol

Can you walk me through what you do?

When I create a Powerpoint and embed an audio file the audio file seems to move along with the pptx file, when I email the Powerpt to someone they can play the audio file even though it wasn't attached in the email ... which would imply that it's part of the file.

to password protect a powerpoint file go to save as>tools>general options

there are two fields one to read the other to edit.

Note, every time you open the file you'll be asked to enter a password, even if you've just restricted editing, they'll still ask for the password before opening the file, if you click cancel you'll be able to see it just not edit.