Janice Howard

Why do some emails go into my Outlook Express “Deleted” folder and how can I stop it?

21 Aug 2012
Windows XP
Explorer 8
21 Aug 2012 | Windows XP | Explorer 8

I’m running Windows XP and use Microsoft Outlook Express 6.

For the past year I have been having trouble receiving my daily emails from SeizeTheDeal.com. Before that, it was working okay. At first I was not receiving the emails at all, but I worked with my security support techs (Trend Micro) and am finally receiving the daily emails, but they’re automatically going into my “deleted” folder.

I signed up for another daily email service, UticaOD.com, and the same problem is occurring with these emails – they’re automatically going into my “deleted” folder. All other emails are going where they should go. I have worked with my Internet provider, Verizon, and they checked many things and can’t find the problem and told me to contact Microsoft. They tried changing port numbers, they checked all my settings in Outlook and they are fine. I don’t have any rules set up and I’m not blocking the site.

I sent one of the email messages to my security software techs, but they can’t find anything wrong with it. I can access these same daily emails okay out on my Verizon web email – the emails are going where they should go – to the Inbox.

It’s just Outlook Express on my laptop that’s not working correctly. I sought the help of bloggers on the Internet. One said to create an identity in Outlook and that should clear out any corruption. This didn’t work.

I contacted Microsoft but they won’t help unless I pay them $99.

So… any ideas? Thanks.