Why do some emails go into my Outlook Express “Deleted” folder and how can I stop it?

Janice Howard August 21, 2012

I’m running Windows XP and use Microsoft Outlook Express 6.

For the past year I have been having trouble receiving my daily emails from SeizeTheDeal.com. Before that, it was working okay. At first I was not receiving the emails at all, but I worked with my security support techs (Trend Micro) and am finally receiving the daily emails, but they’re automatically going into my “deleted” folder.

I signed up for another daily email service, UticaOD.com, and the same problem is occurring with these emails – they’re automatically going into my “deleted” folder. All other emails are going where they should go. I have worked with my Internet provider, Verizon, and they checked many things and can’t find the problem and told me to contact Microsoft. They tried changing port numbers, they checked all my settings in Outlook and they are fine. I don’t have any rules set up and I’m not blocking the site.

I sent one of the email messages to my security software techs, but they can’t find anything wrong with it. I can access these same daily emails okay out on my Verizon web email – the emails are going where they should go – to the Inbox.

It’s just Outlook Express on my laptop that’s not working correctly. I sought the help of bloggers on the Internet. One said to create an identity in Outlook and that should clear out any corruption. This didn’t work.

I contacted Microsoft but they won’t help unless I pay them $99.

So… any ideas? Thanks.

1. vikas

My outlooks contacts went to deleted folder deleted automatically please suggest me what to do to prevent this and why its happened.

2. Russell Smith

Hello,
    As you mentioned about corruption when you create identity, it may be a problem with dbx file. In this situation, it is better to move for DBX recovery process.

Russell Smith

3. J Walk

I am having a similar problem, but it is only occaisional emails that go to deleted, there is no rule sending them to deleted, (all my rules send to junk), Problem seems to relate to new people with whom I am emailing. Also new people to whom I am responding are not automatically being put into my contact list.
    Has there been a defective update to Outlook?

4. Marshal Hubs

Hi,

You can set Outlook Express To Leave Email Messages On The Server, which helps to save a copy of your email for future, If your email deleted than you can restore easily by the help of this setting. And if you need to recover some delete email from your outlook than you can try to recover by the help of Stellar Phoenix Deleted Email Recovery. Software helps to recover email from outlook express.

Open Outlook Express and go to Tools -> Message Rules -> Blocked Senders List and make sure that the senders of these emails are not listed here.Next, make sure that the the senders of these emails are in your Address Book. By default, OE is supposed to whitelist anyone who exists in your address book. If this does not resolve your problem, post back here and I will guide you through the creation of a rule to handle whitelisting in a slightly different manner.

• John Park

Hi,

I am also agree with you because i am facing this issues,
      after remove in Blocked Senders List,
      mail again in inbox

http://pstrepairtool.blogspot.com