Can I have eMail server features when hosting my own corporate eMail accounts?

Subhani July 3, 2010

Is there a way to have features of eMail server like MS Exchange, if I want to host my corporate eMail accounts with some provider like Network Solutions.

Is it possible to track & monitor all the eMails incoming/outgoing for my eMail accounts under my domain? Currently I have Yahoo eMail accounts, but can’t monitor any of the user accounts.

I hope there is some solution for this.

Regards,
Subhani

1. Ryan Dube

Subhani - the hosting provider will likely have a hosted email solution installed that will be available, but not knowing what they offer it's hard to say. There are also webmail apps you can install like RoundCube (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/create-your-own-email-client-with-roundcube-webmail/) and of course this article always comes in handy: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/technology-explained-how-does-an-email-server-work/

I am not 100% sure what you mean?

But depending on who you are with depends on the features you get. For example, you can get the feature of Gmail and MS Exchange at the same time.

Do you want to clarify a bit more?

• Subhani

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply. Its like this - If I want to monitor all the incoming & outgoing emails for my users, is that possible with any of the PAID service providers like Networksolutions,godaddy or gmail from google instead of me hosting the Exchange server dedicatedly. Pls let me know the options.

• Jack Cola

If you are using Cpanel, you should be able to monitor everyone's email.

So create your users email accounts through Cpanel and to check them, log into the email server with your root Cpanel login, click on webmail, choose a mail program (I like RoundCube) and in the settings there should be an option to select the other email accounts so you can view them as they were folders.

Does that make sense?