Can my email be read by the friends of the person I sent it to?

Casey Giuffrida May 4, 2012

If I send a message to a friend will all of their friends be able to view my sent email?

1. Sachin Kanchan

no others can't see your mail sent to him ...unless them have access to his system when he has left his account logged on

or they know his id and password...lol

2. Aruzmeister

it depends upon your privacy you use while sending if you send encrypted one then he can't see it

3. flametorrent

I don't think this is a silly question to ask. Secure emails are a big deal. The answer is just, no, unless the obvious happens (they show them).

Off topic: Also, I'd like to add that sending a mass text (fwd), some phones can see all of the recipients of that message.

While these answers are correct, I would like to point out what thing people are missing. If their friend gets their credentials, then they'll be able to look at it. But, under normal circumstances, no. They wouldn't be able to.

5. alexander

not sure if trolling
    or not knows what mail is.

im gonna dignify you with a proper answer anyway though. the e-mail you send will be kept in 2 copies pr default, one for the recipient, and one in your record of sent e-mails. there are many ways these copies can be accessed by unintended third parties, but only a very very slim, almost non existent, probability that it will be done by his friends, as the only reasons to do so would be malicious.
    as with an ordinary letter there is of course the risk that he might show it to his friends , or that he might leave it laying around and they should happen to see it.

so go ahead, send your boyfriend those nudes, it is no more risky than it was in ye olde days.

6. Oron

The message will be delivered only to the person you sent it to. Of course, his/her friends may be able to get access to his email (e.g. look at it on his computer), or hack into his computer (I know many people who know their friends' favourite passwords), but the message will not be delivered to anyone else.

7. Kyem Ghosh

this is just a silly question to ask. A lil bit of common sense could hve answered you this. Sending email messages are totally private and no one can see it other than the receiver. Even in social networks like facebook, messages are private until you send a single message to a group.... If emails and messages were made public, there would have been no security in the internet!!!

Hello, the only way all your friend's friends can read the image you sent him is if you incoluded his friends as cc or if your friend send it to them.

9. Jennifer Y

Hi Casey,

Your email is only sent to whoever you put under the To: address bar. If your friend clicks on your email and clicks "forward to all" or "reply to all" then yes, all their friends will be able to see your sent email.

Hope this answers your question.

- Jennifer

If you are sendig email, it goes to who you addressed it to, so no. If you are direct messaging on a social network, again no. If you are posting on someone's Facebook wall or timeline, it depends on what settings you used for the post. If you are tweeting, the whole world can see it.