How can I forward an eMail with interactive content intact?

Jamesl January 3, 2011

I received an eMail that contained a jukebox in the body (not an attachment) that allows me to click on one of several music titles and which then play through my default music player. I made several attempts to forward the email but the recipients were unable to see the jukebox items. How can I forward the email intact so that the next recipient will be able to click on any of the jukebox selections?

1. Fidelis

I do not think there is anything wrong on your end. Make sure that the person receiving the message can receive email in html or rich text formatting. Usually the default is text only for security reasons. Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, it's quite common for people using an email client or using
      work mail to receive HTML emails in text format.

Aibek

2. Jpritch

I use Frontier Mail (Web Mail), but when I right click on the email the menu does not have an option "Edit as new..."

Is there a 'Forward Inline' option or something to this extend?

Another question is whether your friends are able to receive eMails containing html. It might not be a problem on your end at all. Many clients disable html viewing because it's a way to transmit malware.

Which webmail or desktop client do you use to receive / read / send your eMail?

If you're using a desktop client, you could try to right-click the eMail and select the option 'Edit as new...' This should leave the content intact.

However, I'm not sure whether this option is available in any webmail client or Outlook. I use Thunderbird.