Why is all my email in Hotmail going directly into the delete folder?

Cindy May 19, 2011

1. Dan Bushey

I have the same problem. Suddenly, emails started going to Deleted folder, for no reason.  I checked Settings, Filters, and EVERTHING else.   there is absolutely NO REASON for email messages going into deleted Folder.  Even Hotmail Support, does not know why, or how to fix it!!!! 

Dan,

the above question is several months old. If the answers provided in this comment thread do not help you, I recommend that you submit a new question via MakeUseOf Answers. You will receive an answer within several hours.

2. youtube.com/thestigmister

will anyone please help!!!

3. Ronielmdn

If you have not created a rule then create a new one now to reslove this issue. I suppose that is the safest way to handle it.

4. Cate Eales

You might have added your own email address to the blocked senders list.

5. Nemitzc

No.  I have checked all my settings.  No filters are used.  I am very frustrated.  It is making my hotmail account useless. 

Do u use Outlook express ?
      go to
      tools & Messages & create  a new Rule for all Mails to go into a inbox create a new folder and rename it .

Cindy,

did you check your mail filters in Hotmail and were you able to fix the issue? Please let us know! Thank you.

Cindy,

maybe a filter was set up to send all incoming mail to the trash?
    Maybe the spam filter setting is too strict?
    Or maybe you activated the feature to send mails to the trash if the sender is not in your address book?
    In other words, check your settings!