Why has the email I have been expecting not arrived in my Gmail Inbox?

Gary Richardson April 24, 2012

I am expecting email and have been waiting for 3 days. I have a Gmail email address and wondering what has happened.

If it has gone to a spam folder, how do I find it and stop it happening again? Where else could it be? Thanks.

1. Arturo Alvarez

If you're expecting the e-mail from office, many times the IT department blacklist certain sites and they don't allow to send or receive access to them.
    In this case follow the advice they have given you and if you still don't see the email then check with you IT dept.

2. Rob

Is it possible you accidentally hit delete? Check your trash folder.
    Is it possible someone else has had access to your account? At the simplest they could have read and deleted the message. If they were smarter they could create a filter so certain messages get sent to them and deleted from the gmail account.

3. TMP

The email may be in your spam folder, check spam folder and mark that email is not a spam mail. Then it will be moved to your inbox. Second thing is that, if the email is send by some automated service or scripts, sometimes it take too much time to reach in your inbox. Here are some possible reasons - http://goo.gl/owFI9

4. Oron

Gary,
    Email _can_ take a long time to arrive, but this is extremely rare nowadays. Check your spam folder, and if it is not there, check with the sender. They may not have sent the message, or they may have sent it to the wrong address.
    If there was any problem with delivery, they will almost certainly have received an error message.

This might be a silly question, but do you know it's actually been sent? Emails don't get *delayed* as such, usually, so it's either already in your spam box, lost in your inbox (often the case if you get lots of emails), or simply not been sent yet.

6. Susendeep Dutta

Might be that particular email is present at spam folder.To prevent that mail from going into spam folder,mark that mail as not a spam mail.

Legitimate mail is marked as spam -

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=9008

Have you checked "All Mail" label?