Why can’t I get email clients to work with my @india.com address?

Rajaa Chowdhury September 3, 2012

I have a email ID at @india.com. It has full IMAP support (need to enable the option in the server) and you can configure the same as Incoming Sever imap.india.com at Port 143 with no SL/TLS with authentication and the Outgoing as smtp.india.com at Port 25 with no SL/TLS with authentication. I was using Windows Live Mail client, and it auto-configured with a hitch. It was running smoothly and all my folders and actions were getting synced to the server as desired. However, suddenly I faced a problem. All my new incoming messages were not not showing up in the Inbox though the new messages number tag was showing. I could not figure out what was wrong and I did not make any option changes in the client. So when I saw the reward option of PostBox 3.0.5 at MakeUseOf I exchanged it for 300 rewards points.

Then I face a lot of problem. I am listing them as follows :

1. When I tried to auto-configure my @india.com email ID as IMAP, it could not auto-discover. Then when I defined the options alongwith the port number, the SMTP option was automatically getting changed to a different one alonwith SSL and therefore was failing to configure. Ultimately I had to manually configure it with the IMAP parameters.
2. When the folders got synced, though I received all the Inbox messages, I only received two random Sent Items messages.
3. When I deleted a mail from the Inbox in the client, it did not delete the message from the server (though the option has been defined as such in the client), but only got it marked as “Read”.

Neither is their website very helpful on this, therefore I have written the query to them yesterday and awaiting a reply. In the meanwhile, I have uninstalled PostBox and awaiting a resolution. I just hope I have not wasted my 300 reward points on PostBox email client and won’t be using it :( .

Would be ever grateful if someone can help me out to resolve these issues as I am currently using web email access.