How can I email animated GIFs to my cell phone?

tracy June 6, 2011

I can receive animated GIF picture mail. However, when I get something animated in my email and I want to send it to my cellphone, so I can forward it to my friends, the animated GIF is a still pic instead of doing the animation it is supposed to.

How do I fix this, so that it shows up properly, so people can get a good laugh from the GIF I am trying to send? I mean literally from my computer to my cell.

1. Indy137

what I do is right click on the Gif image "SaveAs" then save it to My Pictures and then attach it to a email and send it to your phone. Once your phone has it save the picture and then you can either send it to someone or do what you want. I have so many saved on my phone for different Holidays and I send them as Greetings to my friends. Hope this helped you.

2. tracy

They just showed up as still pics on my phone. Once they were sent out, the animations kicked in. A recipient sent it back to show that it works normally. Just my phone being picky, I guess. I feel so stupid for posting this to begin with. Thank you all.

Tracy,

were you able to email GIFs to your cell phone or do you need more help?

4. Justin9

use bluetooth to send animated pics

well you can use use winrar or winzip or some archiving soft then compress and send it again.