Why am I getting someone else’s Facebook notifications in my Gmail inbox?

ranjnee lakra August 10, 2012

Since this evening I have been getting notifications from a Facebook account which – to my knowledge – I have not created. I think the Facebook account was created 7 or 8 hrs ago as I checked from my own account. I tried to login to that other Facebook account from my Gmail and I found that it has the same Gmail ID as me.

So what is going on? Can you help me to get rid of these notifications?

1. Roomy Naqvy

Most probably, someone hacked your email account. Just change all your passwords.

2. Raghav

Well the same is happening to me too , i am just saving all the emails making a case and filing a suit with Facebook. You may find me in the millionaires list soon. You too are welcome !

3. Priya Agarwal

might be someone is using it

4. Joey

The same thing happened to me and I have changed my gmail password and both my facebook accounts passwords yet today once again I got an email notification from the other person's facebook

5. Alex Perkins

You could try blocking them also.

6. Hanamichi Kurotsuchi

he/she may put your email as her/his emails in facebook setting. eitherway you can tell facebook about that

7. Adjei Kofi

It could be that someone added your email address by accident to their emails on facebook. You can unsubscribe from receiving notifications from that particular facebook ID.

8. Justin Pot

My theory: someone mis-typed their email address while signing up for Facebook. I'd get in touch with that person, if you can find him/her, and let them know they need to change their email address in Facebook's settings. Their name is presumably in the emails you're getting, and it's probably similar to yours.

Do you have a Facebook account besides this fake one?

9. Nart Barileva

That's because someone created an account using your email, it has happened to me before with someone creating a MySpace account with my email so I clicked lost password and changed the password so I had their account ;)

10. Yasin Soliman

I think unsubscribing from the emails and changing your linked credentials immediately - it could be a mistake in which other notification emails have been redirected to your email address, although unsubscribing and changing your passwords would be the best option.

It could be a security breach or it could just be a small mistake.

11. StefanyBaez

If I were you the first thing I'd do is change all my passwords. Gmail and Facebook (if you have an account).

Then you can figure out the rest. Usually those emails have a link to "unsuscribe" or modify the notification settings, try clicking that and logging in with your email.

12. Bibek Kunwar

It's because your facebook has been hacked or he/she have put his/her email by your email