How efficient is Disqus?

Knee_high August 17, 2011

I have been trying to use my Disqus to make my site better. I am working on improving www.kneehighconverse.com and would have wanted to install a forum gadget to better cater to my clients. Is Disqus good enough for that?

i wouldn't call disqus a forum but it is a very good threaded commenting system.

test

sad

I am with Jeffery here, if you need a fully functional forum you should go with one of the existing open source packages. See below.

The 3 Best Free Bulletin Boards To Set Up Your Own Forum
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free-bulletin-boards-set-forum/

Disqus on the other hand is a commenting system. It's also very flexible and comes with some good moderation options. We use on our primary blog as a commenting system for articles as well as here on MakeUseOf Answers as a means for readers to provide answers to questions.

In a forum, you typically want to use full-fledged bulletin software, such as phpBB or SMF. Disqus is a commenting application, where as a forum you're probably looking for something discussion oriented.