How can I edit my website?

Andy May 4, 2010

On the homepage of CiddiCV.com, I see “Güncel ?lanlar” text in the middle of the screen. I want to edit it. I have downloaded all the files of the website from ftp and done a search within all these files. Unfortunately, I can not find the text “Güncel ?lanlar” within any of these files. Am I missing something or is the document containing this text located somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!

While I can't guess what's wrong with your site, I can tell you that the easiest way to find the culprit is to open your site using Firefox and analyze the elements of the site using Firebug plugin.

Activate the plugin and hover your mouse on the element you want to analize, and it will be highlighted on the HTML code display. Using this information you can edit the element easily.

2. Taty

That is probably being pulled from an external file. Do you have access to the backbone of your site so you can check for databases? Do you know what the Javascript running on the site does? Do you have full ftp control? You might not have access to all the folders otherwise.

A few possible options:
    1. You didn't search all the files or you missed one
    2. The text is in a database somewhere (most text is stored in databases now)
    3. Your webhost is displaying it as an ad.

Does this website have a database on the back end?