How can I edit subtilties and logos from .MP4 movies?

Vigan Jashari October 12, 2012

I really need help. I want to make some changes in my .MP4 movies (subtitles & some logos in those movies). I tried a lot but i couldn’t find a way to do it.

1. fps

thinking laterally!
    import the mp4 into something like magix movie editor pro plus, you'll see each frame.
    you can then add a splotch (save a frame before and a frame after (without text or graphic), cut out the small area and overlay)
    alternatively you can overlay a clean whole frame(s) on the graphic'd frame(s), this will give the appearance of a small pause of the video while the soundtrack still runs.
    alternatively you can put your own solid graphic over the area to be masked,
    once you're happy with the fudged clean up, resave in a format/fps/size that suits your needs.
    ....just ideas/food for thought etc

2. ViGi

File information: AVC Advanced Video Codec - High@L4.O
    I`m trying to demux now,

3. ViGi

Divit Dsouza i will try that.

4. Divit Dsouza

If the subtitles or soft coded, you can extract it from the container and edit it. You can do this using mp4box.
    Download and install it from here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/download/My%20MP4Box%20GUI%20v0.5.6.0.7z

Click on the "Demux" tab and add your video.
    If the subtitles are soft coded you should see it in the list as "'Timed Text" or something like that.
    Then you can demux/extract it and edit them in a text editor.

But if they are hard coded, there's nothing you can do.

5. Harish Jonnalagadda

Hard-coded subtitles can not be edited out.

6. Sean Senn

If the mp4 video is on iTunes, open iTunes, then right click on the movie you want to edit and click get info. You can edit the movie picture, description, etc..

7. Dimal Chandrasiri

if the subs are hard coded, nothing much to do with it! or if it's in a seperate file, open it with text editor and eidt!

8. Usman Mubashir

sometimes subtitle are the part of movie, and can't be edited. if you can locate a separate subtitles file only then you'll be able to edit it.

9. ViGi

ha14 thanx, but not working for me, like i sad i have only one file.

10. ViGI

Drew Butler i have only one file.

• Harish Jonnalagadda

If that is the case, then it means that the subtitles are hard-coded and cannot be edited out.

How to create/edit/embed subtitles in videos using Jubler and Avidemux under Windows/Linux/MAC OS
    http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/105/26/

12. Drew Butler

If they are hard-encoded you're stuck with them. hard encode meaning the only file you have is the mp4 and they still show up... if you have additional files like a subtitle file wither delete it or watch video using vlc and de-select subtitles from the toolbar options.