How can I edit song titles in iTunes?

Robert andrade December 1, 2010

How do I edit song titles in iTunes? Says I need permission as all info is unavailable when I use “get info”. I deselected read only to no avail. Using Windows 7.

1. Josh Fox

When you deslected "Read Only", did you do it on the root directory of your music library? If so, did you mark for it to do it for all of the files and folders inside of it as well?

If it is a shared folder, you might need to have administrative privileges to change the permissions.

Also, always go back and check that it applied properly. You can verify it by going through some subdirectories and checking individual files in scattered locations in the library.

• Tatapapa

Thanks Josh. I did it for the whole library and subsequent folders and still everything is grayed out. I am the administrator obviously, so what's with administrator privileges? Where do apply those or act as administrator?

Thanks again...