How can I edit or remove startup options in system startup?

Shahid September 14, 2011

My PC is running Windows 7. I had tried to install ‘Windows Server 2003’ and it has failed.

Now, when the system boots up, it lists both ‘Windows Server 2003’ and ‘Windows 7’. The default OS is ‘Windows Server 2003’ and it starts to install ‘Windows Server 2003’ automatically. But, in the ‘System Startup’ option in Windows 7, there is only ‘Windows 7’ and no ‘Windows Server 2003’.

How can I remove it from system boot select?

1. Venkatesh kashyap

how can i edit startup option?

why did the answers above not work for you? What version of Windows do you have?

You can also download the free tool BCDEdit to add/remove/modify boot entries on your system.  I can really help dyslexic typists.

To launch msconfig:

1. Click Start
    2. In the Search text box, type msconfig
    3. Launch msconfig by selecting it from the search results above the search text box.

After msconfig is launched:

1. Go to the Boot tab
    2. Slect the boot entry you want to delete.
    3. Click the Delete button and then click OK.

You can use BCDEDIT to display or modify it. WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES at  command prompt type:BCDEDIT /enum,  will display  at least 3 sections: BCDEDIT /delete ID (where ID is the identifier of the bad copy) will remove the entry from the data store.