How can I edit a chi.mp site?

7ewis June 2, 2010

I have this site that I made http://www.7ewis.mp with chi.mp and it just gives me the layout and stuff. I want to be able to change the HTML and stuff, is that possible? Could I maybe transfer the name over to another host for free?

Yeah, Chi.mp isn't your ordinary website. I use it for promotion of my feeds and for OpenID.

If you want to use your own HTML, and you want that domain name, you have to purchase it off Chi.mp and then you can do what you like with it.

2. Lewis

Thanks for that, I like the chi.mp site because if the ending .mp I prefer that to how other sites do it like yourname.weebly.com. I tried wordpress before but I couldn't work out how you download it lol. Is there a way to keep the chi.mp name?

• Jack Cola

WordPress.com is where you can signup for a hosted version of WordPress
      Wordpress.org is the self-hosted on WordPress that you can download.

As for Chi.mp, visit YOURNAME.mp/purchase and fill out the form and pay $20.00. Note, that you will lose the features of your Chi.mp account

Hope this helps.

3. Steve Campbell

7ewis,

It doesn't look like editing the HTML on a chi.mp site is possible. There are plenty of alternative sites you can look into. I'd recommend Tumblr for your needs. They have tons of different themes/skins and if you can't find one you like you can create your own. Some sites are more flexible than others, but as free options they aren't bad.

You can also look into a free WordPress.com blog as well. You can add widgets and custom HTML to that kind of site.