Why can Eclipse for Java not locate its companion shared library?

inspi May 3, 2010

I have just installed Eclipse for Java on my system successfully. But when I tried to open, it says “eclipse launcher not able to locate its companion shared library”.

Can anybody tell me how to overcome this problem and its meaning?

1. Femonattyn

he is it possible to get eclipse classic for 64 bits windows??well i cant see any such option.navicoder editor works.

Please ask this as a new question on MakeUseOf Answers home (www.makeuseof.com/answers/) as you're unlikely to receive an answer here. The original question above was asked about a year ago and doesn't get much exposure now.

2. Steve Campbell

While researching your answer, I've noticed that this has happened to others. No one seems to be sure why, as it looks like just a bug in the program or a bad download. Others have installed Eclipse Classic and said it worked fine, so you might want to try that to see if that's the case.

• inspi

ok thanx il be trying dat...what about navicoder editor for java??

• Steve Campbell

Not sure about that one. Might be worth a try.

• inspi

Inspi,

please post this as a new question. This way you are more likely to receive an answer.

Thank you!