What is the best e-book with e-ink technology?

Nguy?n Tân October 25, 2012

I’m going to purchase a ebook device such as Kindle 3, Kindle Touch or Nook Simple Touch but I wonder what is the best for mine?

1. Declan Lopez

nook backlight or nook simple touch

2. Thomas Petrucha

I´m using the kindle 3rd generation and happy with it.
    Never using Wifi because I buy my books in other stores online and use calibre to convert and transfer them on my reader.
    If you only need it for reading books it will be cheap and useful enough

... if you need a little more the Sony PRS-T2 is good with some features more and supports all used standards without binding to a store if you not wish.

... I own both and like both ... before them I used a tablet to read, but it´s too heavy and too bright or glarey for longer reading.

... if you´ll need backlight the kindle paperwhite or the nook simple touch will be a good thing ;)

3. Rohit Pandey

kindles paperwhite.......

4. Somaiya Ebrahim

kindle 3..only one i know about

5. Harshal Warkhede

Kindle is the best!

6. Douglas Mutay

Did you check Zinio? Awesome!

7. Patrick Jackson

I think Kindle 3 is good enough for most of us all. Go and try it before buying!

8. Jeremiah Iliffe

I have the Kindle 3 and it is great, but I would recommend any Kindle especially the paperwhite because of the Amazon ecosystem and you can "sideload" books with calibre

there should be a store that have the three ebook readers that you mention, go there try them and see how your fingers will move on the screen, find your comfortable way to hold the device for extended periods of time.

10. Justin Pot

I'm a Kobo owner, I love it. It it attached to web store but you can also shop around: Google Books works with it and a number of other stores. Plus it supports EPUB, so you can download ebooks at Gutenburg and a number of other sites.

But it's about preference. Look around and find what works for you.

11. Dino Pearsons

I honestly think the best eBook reader is Kindle Paperwhite.

It's thin and light, the battery life is excellent, it has a backlit screen which doesn't tire your eyes and the fonts look very crisp on the screen due to its higher resolution.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwhite-Touch-light/dp/B007OZNZG0

I don't think there's any comparison between a rooted Nook Touch Simple and the rest of the e-ink readers out there. The NST is easily one of the best devices I've ever owned, although it required quite a bit of modifications to get this device working properly. Out of the box, it's a standard e-reader. But once rooted, it becomes a really amazing product.

The rooted Nook Touch Simple, although requiring some skill to properly modify, features such additions as the full Android 2.1 operating system, pinch to zoom, and fast refresh (fast enough to play Angry Birds). If any of these features interests you, read the link below:

There's a great article over at Lifehacker on how to root a NST.

13. Yiz Borol

It really depends on what your habits are.

I personally have a 3rd gen kindle (that's the one with a keyboard and side buttons). A lot of people complain that ebooks that only offer touch are a little less intuitive to use because it's not as easy to turn pages (you have to tap the screen instead of just pressing down where you thumb already is)
    One thing not to worry about is storage size, each e-book is no larger than 30mb, most are less than 10mb so even with only 3-4gb you can have thousands of books, more than you'll ever read.

All that being said I would go with either the kindle paperwhite or the nook backlight, it's completely up to your style preference. (Though one thing to note is that if you've already bought ebooks in the .epub format you'll need to convert them to read them on the kindle, which depending on the DRM can be a hassle.)