How can I easily toggle between multiple GMail accounts?

Dave March 14, 2011

Can anyone suggest an easy way to toggle between three GMail accounts, including eMails and calendars, without having to sign in and out?

1. Shamrocksu88

Are simply use Google Chrome incognito mode if you find it difficult to use Cookie Swap

2. Rz

Gogle's multiple sign in. They have a multiple sign in now but the thing is that if you wanna sign out of one account all of them will be signed out.
    http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=28776

3. Saikat Basu

Google and Gmail accounts officially support login into multiple accounts simultaneously. Go to your account Settings to enable multiple sign-in feature for your Google and Gmail account.

Read more about it here on the Google Blog.

You can also use a Firefox Plug-in called Cookie Swap

CookieSwap enables you to easily switch between different user accounts by swapping the 'cookies' that the sites use to know your identity.

• Tsegrrl

Thanks for this post. The Multi account login within google and gmail works really well. Now I can freely roam between the my gmail accounts til my hearts content :-)

Thank you very much for the feedback! :)

Dave,

a very basic and low tech solution would be to log into all three accounts at once by running three different browsers in parallel, i.e. multiple sessions of GMail. Maybe someone has an idea of how you can run multiple sessions of GMail in just one browser.

Another solution would be to use a desktop client like Thunderbird and set up POP Mail for all three GMail accounts: How To Set Up Mozilla Thunderbird 3 For Multiple Email Accounts

You can then add your Google Calendars to Thunderbird. I wrote an article on how to do it three years ago and it still works like a charm with the latest version of Thunderbird and required extensions: How To Integrate Google Calendar Into Thunderbird

Let us know whether this solution or any that will follow works for you!