What’s the easiest database creation software?

Antonio Velázquez January 28, 2012

What is the easiest database creator??

I only want to add directly an item, some characteristics on different fields, and an image, to make lists of stuff i have, some video footage I use when editing video, “bookmark” manager, etc…

I’ve tried Evernote, but there are three main problems: tags get all messed up, I couldn’t get to manage my different databases all by themselves, and the online syncing is just unnecessary.

I’ve tried OO Base. It’s nice, but it’s kinda messy, and I’m still learning it with all the “forms” and “queries”, but I was wondering if there is anything easier.

I just want to open the software, click “add item”, and have the fields will show up. Then I fill them in. Simple!

1. Pete

This is a rather late response to the original question, but I'd recommend trying FileAmigo by Sierra Software. It's a Windows product in MS Access format, yet extremely simple to use. There is a free version available to try. I've used many database products and applications, and FileAmigo beats them all in terms of simplicity and relative power.

2. Maxx

~Oasis database .. its so simple and easy

3. Have aNiceDay

Maybe an open door?: Microsoft Office Excel. 

James is right about Bento. The other possibility is a bibliographic reference-management package which supports pictures and customisation. Endnote is one example, but it costs a fair whack. There are plenty of other packages though, some of them free, so check them out!

perhaps you can import them in asksam
    http://www.asksam.com/

Bento, OSX

Really though, nothing you want like that exists, because you're asking for a perfectly adapatable database system thats also incredibly easy to use. Thats not how databases work.