What’s the easiest way to copy a DVD?

Dee Fredenburg March 23, 2010

In Windows XP do they have a program where you can just copy a home made DVD to another? Can’t find anything.

I would either use Nero or DVD Shrink. Nero is not free, but DVDShrink is which you can download it from http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DVD-Shrink-Download-4128.html

For copy protected DVDs:

DVDFab (Payware) or
    DVDFab HD Decryptor in combination with DVDShrink (Freeware)

These are the two best options I've come across. Both are easy to use and and both versions of DVDFab are regularly updated to counter the latest protections. DVDFab is also capable of backing up your Bluray discs.

I use handbrake exclusively. I used to use DVDXcopy but Handbrake takes the cake.

4. Taty

Nero is always a good option too.

Nero laughs at your copy protected disks. Do you have some sort of workaround Taty?

• Taty

I did consider that, but Dee mentioned trying to copy home made DVDs. No need to break any protection there and Nero is one of the easiest programs around and has a free download if all Dee needs is to copy a few home dvds. 2 clicks you are done.

5. Steve Campbell

There's a free program called DVD Decrypter that you can use to burn your DVDs. Just go to Mode and set it to ISO write to copy the DVD to your hard drive then set Mode to ISO read to burn the image to a blank DVD.

If your DVD image is too big for your blank media you can use DVD Shrink (also free) to shrink it down to fit on a single layer 4.7Gb disc.