What’s the name of this early 80’s detective computer game?

Joseph_Suarez October 8, 2012

The game in question would have been a computer game in the early 1980’s on floppy disk. It must have been rare because NOTHING comes up in search results.

What I can rule out:
– Not text based.
– Not a game for Apple II or Tandy. Can’t remember our computer model, but it wasn’t either of those. IBM maybe?
– Not made past 1985

You were a detective or police officer who would drive a car around a town between “HQ” and different houses. At some point a telephone booth would ring and you’d go to it for a clue. I think you were suppose to match that clue to one back at HQ. I think you could ring door bells and talk to people for clues too. You definitely could search houses, but it was weird like you broke in and tried not to get caught. I think the clues lead you to the correct house to search. I vaguely remember the box art having a private eye on the cover.

I was only like 4 years old at the time, so all I did was drive around and crash into HQ. But I remember my baby sitter coming over and solving the whole game once.

I loved that game and never solved it. It was called Snooper Troopers.

2. Rob Hindle

1983: Keystone Kapers for Atari possibly?
    or Sierra games Police Quest - but probably later than 1985