Why does DVD player not work under my Windows XP user account?

Matt August 30, 2010

My DVD player will not recognize any CDs or DVDs when using my Windows user account, yet it will recognize them when using other accounts. Both users are admins on Windows XP.

What can I do? Thanks in advance!

1. ashu

i have a quation that is how to burn cd to another cd/dvd

Ashu,

we have had a similar question previously. Check out the answers here: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/easiest-copy-dvd/

Does that answer your question? If not, Ask a Question and let us know what type of hardware and operating system you have, so we can suggest the best way for you to master the task.

Good luck!

Matt, can you see the contents of the disk (cd /dvd) from My Computer menu using the right-click -> Explore option?

3. ukohara

well it is the restrictions imposed in user account in windows. thats why u can not modify any drives untill unless u dont provide an admin password. the basic purpose is that all the modifications must be applied by an authoritative person i.e. the admin to save the integrity and safety of the data.
    to use it just provide the password when promted it will play all the stuff u feed the dvd drive.

I think you misunderstood the problem. Matt says that both account are Admin level users. Plus he is not being asked for a password, the DVD just doesn't play.