How can I dump Outlook Express?

David T. Gray May 16, 2010

When Outlook Express comes up an error message box says wrong password. It’s an archaic system and I don’t have Verizon anymore. They sold out to Fairpoint, which is now in Chap 11. Help!

1. Jack Farrell

I think David, your outlook pst file has corrupted; that's why it is creating a problem. You should use PST Repair Tool to repair your outlook pst file.

http://www.0x800ccc0f.org

David, is your problem with Outlook Express or with Verizon?
    If it's OE that's bothering you, then see the answer above (there are plenty of free alternatives available).
    If you are concerned with your email *account* with Verizon which is the problem, simply create a new account with another provider. Again, there are plenty of free options available, including gmail, yahoo and hotmail. Once you have the new account, read the instructions on the supplier's web site to get the correct setting for your email client (Outlook Express or alternative).

If you want to keep your old email address but on a new account, you would need to contact Verizon and see if they would be willing to set up email forwarding for it to the new address.

3. Steve Campbell

David,

If you're trying to remove Outlook Express, simply go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and click on Add/Remove Windows Components. Scroll down until you see Outlook Express and uncheck the box and hit OK.

• David

Thanks Steve. It worked like a charm. I use yahoo exclusively anyway. It was just a hassle to bother with & I never liked it in the first place.