Can I use Droid X for the internet?

Barb December 31, 2010

I have Droid X, can I use it to connect to the internet? I do have a broadband connection with not many bytes per month and it would be helpful to me. Can you tell me how to do this? Thank you.

1. Ryandube

Barb - Yes, you could enable your Internet (data) connection on your Droid X as a Wi-Fi hotspot. It's in "Applications" and then just enable "3G Mobile Hotspot."

To answer your question, yes, you could use just your cellular data plan for your Internet access, but speeds will be noticeably slower than your normal broadband access through cable or DSL. If there's a chance you might be using it more than just occasionally, it's a good idea to contact your mobile provider to ask what mobile broadband plan would be best for your situation. Verizon for example, offers a whole assortment of plans (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=plans).

Hope that helps!