Why won’t my Droid X charge via a wall charger after I installed Easy Tether?

pdubbs April 27, 2012

After installing the lite version of Easy Tether my phone only charges when it is connected to a computer. When i plug it into a wall charger it will leave “sleep” mode and the screen turns on as if it recognizes that it has been plugged in, but it doesnt do anything.

I have uninstalled the app and still have the same problem.

Sometimes with the USB wall adapter it will take a charge, then randomly it will not charge using the same charger.For a week or so it was charging with a wall charger (no detachable usb cord) and as of last night it no longer works.

Any ideas as to what is going on? This phone isnt rooted or anything. Its actually, a refurb that i got about 2 weeks ago. As soon as I put my mem card in the easy tether app was there, yet it charged with the wall charger no problem for a few days. Whether or not it charges with certain chargers is totally random.

1. Toby Bateson

Hi,

Here's how I would approach this;

1) Turn it off then on again
    2) Try a different charger
    3) Email the developers, they might give you a simple answer
    4) If the above fail, I'd just put up with it!

Good luck!

Toby

http://www.zenplugs.co.uk/molded-earplugs

As I understand it (and I'm not much of an expert, so this could be completely wrong), there's an internal software switch in the phone that distinguishes between several charging modes. Each of these modes control how the phone charges in the event it's connected to power sources of differing output.

It would appear that Easy Tether switched off "auto" charge mode, which automatically detects how much power your computer is receiving, and set it to 150mA, or something sort of the wall socket.

I believe the solution is to reinstall EasyTether, run it, and then using its own setup, completely turn it off. So shut off things like notifications and USB access (PARTICULARLY USB access).

if you suspect it was Easy Tether and after uninstalling the problem still there, then perhaps a soft reset or a hard reset (this will delete all applications, files so do a backup) should be considered.

4. Kyem Ghosh

Chk ur charging/usb socket of your mobile if the pin/s are displaced of carelessly inserting the cable.... But I'm sure, ur mobile's internal hardwares are ok if the mobile is working well. Just go to a local mobile repairing shop and chk the mobile's charging socket...