Can I use drivers from manufacturers besides the one that built my laptop?

KamilKozyra March 29, 2012

I have a general driver question. If I buy a piece of laptop hardware, but cannot find a driver for it, can I just download its driver off a major manufacture’s (HP, Dell, Asus, etc.) website even if that manufacter isn’t the same brand as my laptop?

1. KamilKozyra

Thanks!

well it is not advised to use nvidia driver for ati video card driver. As mentioned above drivers can be universal

3. Strydr Denis

It doesn't matter who manufactured your laptop, the driver for your hardware should work as long as it is compatible with your computers operating system. Most drivers found in your operating system for operating hardware are generic and you are usually better off running the hardware drivers supplied by the manufacturer. These drivers will often give you more options in the way your hardware works
    You also want to make sure your drivers are 32 bit or 64 bit as required by your operating system.