How do I draw more people to my Facebook fan page?

David March 18, 2011

So I have a Facebook fan page that advertises a tech support business that I’m launching, in addition I post useful tips on new software applications, how-to guides, reviews on new devices, cool websites etc. to keep the user engaged and interested. But outside of my friends, I’m not sure how to get the word out further that my page actually exists.

1. nightsurfer04

It's Smart work ! David you have started a tech support business and posting about new software applications, how-to guides, reviews on new devices. Well, may be the next vistior is me because of curiosity. The same way you can get a lot of people to your fanpage- that is by sharing it where ever you go. Are you ready to do some work than come back to Facebook, invite people from your friends list then find people with Facebook search-not a simple search related to your business and join with them, the visitors reaching such related sites are potential visitors they will eventually finds you and discover your page. Oh! does it appears as a too long way, then do it this short things Facebook fan widgets, like buttons- obtain it and put it on your blog or website, use twitter to attract visitors to your fan page. Another way is to invite people to come and share their Fan Page links, those people may share interesting post from your fan page which will bring more fans. Read this Facebook article http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=157103270940 and the finale thing don't forget to update your fan page contents and make it more attractive. Need more tips ?" Yeah ! visit - http://coolefriend.com/tag/Facebook

• Kid 44

I know several who have used social media to enhance their business. In fact, a good friend specializes in this service.
      I offer specials, discounts and reference deals with great success. An informative web and FB page helps answer questions. Consider some of your market may be totally uninformed technically, so will need to be able to relate to the newbie also.

David,

it's hard work. The general advise is to build your own brand, network, and get your name and expertise known.

In your case this means going out to other pages and websites in your niche and contributing. You could comment on tech articles, share your expertise, and get involved. If you link your Facebook page to your comment profile, people will eventually click through and follow you. From there you will receive promotion through word of mouth, rise in Google search, and once you have 'made it', people will find your site when they search for information on Google. At least that's the theory.

I would also recommend you to join Twitter and regularly post tips or links to your guides and other material there.