Why am I seeing dozens of copies of this photo when opening Organizer in Photoshop Elements 9?

Tegiro June 28, 2011

When I open Organizer (Photoshop Elements 9) I get dozens of photos with an embossed gray flower and a question mark on it. What does this mean?

when images dont get a thumbnail of them..these question marks....

• Lllllllliiiilll

wtf did that mean?

when u have question marks as the thumbnails of your images...it means thumbnails of the pictures r missing bcoz of some reason....
        right click on them and update thumbnails....
        Choose Edit > Update Thumbnail or Edit >
        Update Thumbnail For Selected Items. (You can also right-click/ctrl-click
        and choose these commands.)File > Catalog > Repair

• Lllllllliiiilll

much better

Hello, usually it means that Photoshop Elements is not set up to open the extensions of those pictures.  Does it happened with all the different extensions like .bmp, .jpg, .gif, etc.?  Do you have any other software set up as default to view those pictures?  Have you tried using other software like the one included with windows to see those pictures?  Have you tried setting up Photoshop as your default picture viewer?

3. empyrean_surfer

I am guessing since I have neither a cell phone or that software but I would think that the software has found these pic's on your phone via whatever means i.e., other software/widgets that have been installed and is asking you if you want to view/edit/import them into the edit window. Thats what my logical mind says... the not so logical side says to hide your pipe bombs and sex toys cause your marked for life.